This is time of year we often get calls asking, “How do I clean the swing?” Here are some tips and tricks to help keep your WhisperGLIDE swing in tip top condition.
General Cleaning Tips
- Power washing the FRAME, SEATS & PLATFORM will provide the best and fastest cleaning results. Otherwise, use a garden hose with a spray nozzle that produces a strong spray. This should remove the surface dirt, but heavily soiled areas or scuff marks may require extra attention with a non abrasive cleaner and a soft cloth or a soft scrub brush.
- The TABLETOP and should be cleaned regularly with a soft cloth and an antibacterial spray or washed with soap and water. DO NOT use a harsh abrasive cleaner, as they may react with the vinyl and will scratch the tabletop surface.
- The CANOPY is best cleaned by power washing the canopy from both the top and from underneath. Alternatively, use a hose with a spray nozzle and scrub the canopy using a brush or push broom. The canopy can also be taken off and cleaned.
- CUSHIONS can easily be cleaned by using a sponge or scrub brush and a mix of warm water and mild soap or detergent. To remove stains, a mixture of white vinegar or ammonia works well. Always rinse the cushion thoroughly and dry completely.
Mildew is a fungus growth that looks like dirt but will not be completely removed with detergent and will reappear after cleaning. While the vinyl coating on the seats and platform are mildew resistant, if mildew appears, use a power washer or a solution of 1 part bleach to 4 parts water or use a commercial mildew remover such as Tilex. A bleach solution can be used on the cushions and canopies to remove any mildew.
- Check all fasteners at least once per year for tightness.
- Periodically check instruction labels that are on the swing. If any labels become detached or damaged, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for replacements.